Friday, August 9, 2013

The Champ

Australia and I went to the boxing gym tonight, 한국의 BEAT 한국의, which we went to a few weekends ago but it was closed. We met the Korean champ.

He was very friendly. And patient. He spoke almost no English and I don't speak any Korean but Australia knew enough to get by but still, if I had known we'd be meeting the Korean champ, I'd be too scared he'd knock my face in. He asked me if I liked Tyson. 

Explaining that we just wanted to pay for one night of training was hard but we eventually we were told we couldn't do that. There's another gym by Cheonan Station where they speak English well because the instructor is married to a waygook (foreigner) from America. It's about a 15 minute cab ride there. We might go. Or we might train with the Korean champ for a month and see how it goes. 

The Korean boxing gym just says [korean] BEAT [korean]. 

No comments:

Post a Comment